Aug 30, 2010

Do you collect anything?!

I do!  I collect junk.  I like to go to dumps and pick up broken chairs, lamps, tables, toys... all sorts of stuff and bring it back to my house and collect it. Sometimes I fix the stuff up... sometimes you can't.

No, I'm kidding! Y'all... I don't even like the smell of trash. How could I go to a dump without gagging!

I collect Horses. They are special kinds of horses. You probably have seen them before and if not, you may have heard of them! They are called Breyer Horses.
Sorry for the awful quality of this picture.

I started when I was a little kid. I remember that there were some of them in the top of this closet in my old house and those are what we started playing with. I still have those three!
Here is the Mare. See, she's even missing a leg, poor ol' thing!!

I remember I got MY first Breyer in Daytona Florida. 
I thought she was the most gorgeous horse! :)

I continued getting them throughout the years from my Mema. She would give me one for Christmas and my birthday. I loved getting them!!

I plan on keeping them around for my kids. Some of them are in perfect condition, some still in boxes, and then some with lots of scratches from me playing with them. 

Here are a few of my favorites! 
And they are all hand painted... so a lot of the same ones are always a little different!

I named my Scouty Boy after Tonto's Scout.

I loooove to cut me some cows!!! :)

This one is actually a lot bigger than all the rest. It was made for a real life horse, I have a few of those and they are really neat!
Another real life horse.

So that's what I collect. I can remember when I got most of them and they are really special to me! I can't wait to pass them down to my kids and grandkids. I hope they love them as much as I did and still do!

What do you collect?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what an amazing collection! the horses are so gorgeous :) im so impatient so i dont really have a big collection of anything.. but i do have a small collection of glass animal figurines :)

Unknown said...

Baseball cards, Budweiser beer steins, and anything Georgia Southern!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! That is quiet the collection. My sister and I had a few apiece.