May 8, 2010

Congratulations, you have been accepted to...

Nursing school!

I have finally chosen my life path.

Who would have thought it was going to be becoming a nurse?! not me! I thought for SO long that I was going to be a veterinarian. I would LOVE to be a veterinarian, but I'm am just as happy.. if not more happy with my decision on nursing school. I interviewed with them this past Monday and found out Tuesday that I got in.

So, on Monday (yes, this monday) I will be joining my sister in the accelerated nursing program (sort of). I have to take my pre-requisites first and then I start the real nursing classes in the Fall. This summer I am taking Concepts of Nursing, 2 history courses (dread!), and Human Pathology. All are online except the Concepts of Nursing. I only have to go to campus one day a week! I'm pretty pumped about that! I thought I was going to have to be there tues, wed, thurs.. but now it's just thurs.

Why did I choose nursing?
1) it will be more flexible when I need it to be in the far off future.
2) I like taking care of people just as much as I do animals. I prefer younger people to older though.
3) I can make just as much if not more money. I'm not really worried about money... but hey, it's nice to have!
4) There will ALWAYS be a job. People are always getting hurt. Animals get hurt a lot too, but Veterinarians just can't up and move from location to location as easily as a nurse can.

What kind of nurse do I want to be?
A nurse anesthetist- unless I become more interested in something else along the way! I was interested in the anesthesiology part of my 2 surgeries back in 2003 and I am still interested. I would love to be a nurse anesthetist. It will be just as challenging as studying to become a veterinarian.

and that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

1 comment:

Keepsake's Mom said...

Good for you! It is cool for you to have such an important goal. Nursing is a good career and one that can be used to get a job almost anywhere you want to go.