Oct 1, 2009

Finally FALL!

I LOVE fall! This weather just makes me want to be at home riding my horses! It's so nice! I can't stand riding horses when it's hot anymore. I don't know how I did it when I was younger... but when I didn't work I would ride ALL day. I would ride so long that I would go switch out horses sometimes 3 and 4 times a day! But I can't do that anymore. It's just too hot. Now that this weather has come around I get excited about being able to ride more! I got on Flint bareback this past friday and rode around. He was pretty excited himself! We started going up this huge hill on our 'old' driveway and he took off jumping and bouncing all over the place! I realized I had two huge handfulls of his mane and was screaming pretty loud when we got to the top! I think all the other animals love this weather too. We saw deer and wild hogs! I tried to get a picture but momma hog wasn't having that. She ran into the woods and snorted and carried on. I decided to get outta there before she came after Lola and Cutie pie!


I went to a pig show with Josh this weekend in Fitzgerald. I got to see my Uncle Johhny, Trey and Reid! I think Reid was a little overwhelmed by the huge pigs walking around everywhere! Josh ended up winning the senior showmanship and 2nd in his class.

I had a lot of fun at this show. I usually just sit in the stands with Mrs. Phoebe and watch everything, but since Josh's dad was out of town I was the 'coach'. I acquired that name somewhere in the middle of the day. I don't really know who said it, but it was repeated many times! I helped Josh wash the pigs and keep them cooled off because it was HOT. I mean HOT. It gets to be a rush when your class is called and you have to make it up to the holding pen before you go in. It kind of reminds me of when I showed horses. :) I sure do miss that! We ended up getting home around 4. We were up at 5:30 that morning so it was a long day!


Fall weather also means Auburn Football has started!! We have had some GOOD games! I'm really excited about this season. We're 4-0! Josh came up for the Mississippi State game and it was a lot of fun! That game wasn't as good as the West Virginia game though! That was a game I will never forget! The game was supposed to start at 6:45. A huge black cloud lingered over the stadium at about 6:00 and it started raining around 6:30. Well of course it started lightning! They evacuated the stadium and the game was delayed for 30 minutes, then another 30 minutes, then another. Well, we (the student section) did not evacuate. you know, I didn't even hear them tell us to evacuate! that's how loud the stadium gets! So they started playing songs about rain and we were singing and it was so much fun! I have a video on my phone of everyone singing 'Have you ever seen the Rain?" and it is amazing! It poured and poured and poured! I though it would never stop. The field was literally starting to look like a small lake. It finally subsided and the game started. West Virginia put up a good fight but we came back after half time and wooped up on them! It was a good good game!

This weekend we play Tennessee. I just looked at the previous stats for the last games in our campus newspaper. Ball State (who we played this past weekend) had better stats than Tennessee in rushing, passing, and yardage. So hopefully we can take down Tennessee and be 5-0!


I''m pulling for those Westfield Hornets too. They are 5-0! Georgia Tech is also doing well. Better than Georgia! :)
It's going to be a good football season for all my teams I hope!

No comments: