Mar 11, 2013

BIG future!

This past weekend I made the trek to Athens to see my beloved Joshua! It was a great weekend and we got to spend lots and lots of time together after being apart for 2 weeks. (I know, it's not that long, but it is!)

Rewind to Friday, I am sitting at work, and Josh tweets a picture of a baby clydesdale. OH MY GOSH. Where did this come from!! What is he doing!!

He called me a few short minutes later and said he was on his way home from work. I said, excuse me no you're not you just left a baby clydesdale! He acted like he didn't know what I was talking about and soon fessed up about cheating on his beloved SoBe.  He had gone to the clydesdale farm on business and said he would text the owner to see if he could bring me out. She said yes and I died and went to heaven right then and there!

The next day, which didn't come soon enough, Josh took me to the local Clydesdale farm.... that was a HUGE mistake. Definitely not a mistake for my heart, but for Josh and my bank account....

We pulled into the gates and I just squealed! Everyone knows I love all horses and I looove my tennessee walkers, but I LOVE Clydes. They are so majestic and giant! I love all things giant. As we were pulling into the gates there were 4 Clydesdales on my left... 3 on my right, then 3 mares with foals on the next left, then another mare and foal on my right! I was already in heaven just driving by them.

We finally pulled up next to the barn after passing 4 pastures full of Clydes. We met up with the owner, Shannon. I had the pleasure of meeting her and her husband once before in Perry at the Clydesdale show at the Georgia National Fair. I even stayed around to watch them in Unicorn show.

Shannon showed us around and introduced us to all of her clydes from the stallion, to the mares, to the geldings, to the 2 month old babies and some yearlings. I wanted to squeeze every single one of those horses. I did squeeze some of them and they were the sweetest things.

You know I didn't leave that place without taking pictures!!

The Geldings- Bubba, Arthur, and Teeny

Flossy and her foal, Freddy

The stallion they have on site, Master

May, due to foal in April

The mares with all their precious babies!

Baby Freddy. So cute!

Lucya, a coming two year old that is already familiar with the show ring!
This girl is GORGEOUS.

One of the beautiful broodmares

Sully and his mama!

The yearlings with the geldings in the background!

Sully

Another of the precious yearlings!

My favorite yearling! Jagger

Me and Jagger! 
I was really interested in this one, but they are going to hold onto him and see how he turns out! His sire has passed so he is one of the last. 


My personal favorite. Baby Clydesdale booties!


Shannon has two horses for sale, one mare and one gelding, that I am interested in. I really would like a gelding, but the mare is amazingly beautiful. Her name is Nala and she is in foal for April. Her price is great for getting two clydes, but I just don't have it right now!




Shannon was a great host and I have counted the days until I can go back and visit. Shannon even wrote me back and said that I could come work with Nala! So excited!

I can't wait until I have a Clyde of my own! It has been a dream of mine for a while now and I have a feeling it may just come true this year! Here's to a BIG future!! :)

2 comments:

Mrs Gray said...

Oh, I love me some Clydesdales! They are so gorgeous!

Candi James said...

These horses are gorgeous!